COVID-19 Construction Industry Update
2nd April 2020
Alok Sharma, the Secretary of State for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy statement on construction work and CLC Site Operating Procedures-Version 2 published.
CLC Site Operating Procedures
In response to feedback, the Site Operating Procedures – Version 2 has now been published to include:
- Clarification that, where it is not possible or safe for workers to distance themselves from each other by 2 metres, work should not be carried out.
- The request from Transport for London (TfL) to avoid using the tube network during peak times.
Updates from PHE to reference:
- those living with someone who has shown signs of COVID-19 infection
- those living with someone who is shielding
- 60%+ alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- keeping groups of workers together to minimise transfer of infection across the workforce
- The need to monitor implementation of the procedures.