As the UK’s leading association for asbestos removal contractors, ARCA helps steer the industry and is recognised as driving excellence throughout the industry.
Why choose ARCA? By supporting high standards ARCA delivers reassurance for clients – the Chairman explains how in a recent article
For over 40 years, ARCA has supported asbestos removal contractors, providing guidance and advice.
We offer members a range of benefits and in return ARCA requires member companies to demonstrate the highest standards and maintain these throughout their business at all times.
Benefits of Membership
- Unannounced Site Audits: asbestos removal contractor members now require four not three satisfactory unannounced site audits every year to maintain membership of the Association, that is participate in ARCA's Site Audit Accreditation Scheme (SAAS). These site audits are unannounced, meaning a member has 'no prior notice' of an auditor's visit, so providing reassurance for all parties.
- Training & Qualifications: access to an extensive range of training courses and qualifications at reduced costs. ARCA provides comprehensive and quality assured routes to qualifications providing all the steps along the career path.
- Guidance: expert specialist advice and guidance on applying regulations and legislative requirements.
- Representation: ARCA represents members via a number of industry groups and committees including the Asbestos Network.
- Recognition: ARCA raises professionalism by ensuring the highest standards are met, which is recognised via the ARCA logo by all parties, including end-clients.
- Awareness: increased visibility through the marketing activities of the Association.
- Consultancy: a wide range of consultancy services are available including licence renewal preparation and management system reviews.
- Additional Site Audits: members can request additional site audits, at any time, which are carried out by ARCA's team of auditors using the same criteria as ARCA's SAAS.
- Internal Site Audit App: asbestos removal members can sign-up to the 'Member Internal Site Audit App', so their internal site audits can use the same question set as the ARCA audit. Enabling direct comparisons of external and internal audit results, so providing a strong management tool.
- CSCS Cards: temporary and skilled worker cards for Operatives, Supervisors and Managers, to gain access to construction sites are available through ARCA.
- ALFA: member contractors can use the unique performance rating app for short-term operatives, developed by ARCA, to gain reassurance of short-term labour competency and behaviour. Read more about ALFA
- Labour Supply Members: supports members' need for short-term operative labour.
- Communication: Association and industry news, along with regulations and guidance information is provided by various comms channels including regular member meetings held in all regions and e-newsletters.
- ARCA News Magazine: this Journal for Asbestos Management Professionals is published quarterly and has a readership of around 2,000 industry professionals. Members are listed in ARCA News, and have the opportunity to advertise and submit editorial.
- Website: visitors can find a member via various search routes and members can upgrade their listing to gain more visibility on the search result pages.
- Member Portal: members have access to a secure portal to review individual training records, post job vacancy adverts on the ARCA website and more.
- CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO) - as a CITB ATO since 2018, ARCA helps member companies that pay the CITB levy, claim grants and funding for training and NVQs.
- CHAS: asbestos removal members can obtain a 20% discount when applying for new CHAS accreditation through ARCA. Learn more
- Insurance: Specialist Risk Insurance Solutions (insurance broker) supports ARCA members with comprehensive insurance solutions
- Association Awards: ARCA members can achieve a Gold Site Audit and/or Training Awards as recognition of their achievements.
- eLearning Health & Safety courses: ARCA has partnered with iHASCO offering members a selection of health and safety eLearning courses.
The Rules of Membership of the Association are be available to view here.
ARCA - the mark of professional excellence
Take the first step towards joining ARCA … see How to Apply or call us today on 01283 505776