Site Operating Procedures Version 3 Published
Version 3 of the Site Operating Procedures has now been published by the Construction Leadership Council (CLC).This guidance is intended to introduce consistent measures on construction sites of all types and sizes in line with the Government’s recommendations on social distancing and ensure employers and individuals make every effort to comply.
The Public Health England (PHE) guidance on Social distancing in the workplace during coronavirus (COVID-19), which includes sections on Construction and the Use of private vehicles and car pooling for travelling to work, has been incorporated into what is industry-recognised guidance, supported by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Alok Sharma.
The key changes in Version 3 include:
- Confirmation that the HSE is the enforcing authority for PHE guidelines
- The need for sites to monitor the implementation of the procedures
- Further details on who should not travel to work
- Guidance for those who have no option but to share transport to work
- Information on the hierarchy of controls which should be implemented to reduce the risk of transmission where social distancing of 2 metres cannot be achieved
- Information on first aid and emergency service response.
The UK Construction sector coming together to support our bravest, most incredible citizens, working to defeat COVID-19 and save lives.
Contractors Appeal is set up for the UK Construction Sector to give back in this desperate time of need.
Your Support will help save lives and reduce pressure on our NHS.
ContractorsAppeal.com are working through the 4 Nations to gather and distribute donated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Please donate your available PPE to the greatest cause of our generation. It will make a difference and likely save lives.
ContractorsAppeal.com are also purchasing PPE from the Construction Sector and seek financial support through their JustGiving page. Please click the link and donate to make a real difference to the safety of our incredible NHS staff, Care Workers and Vulnerable Groups. A donation today will provide protection to staff and our most vulnerable