Our three day course ensures that candidates receive the knowledge and have practical experience of:
- Types, Uses and Risks of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- Health Hazards of Asbestos and Legislation
- Site Set Up, Maintenance and Dismantling (inc Practical)
- Controlled Stripping Techniques (inc Practical)
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) (inc Practical)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (inc Practical)
- Transit Procedures and Decontamination (inc Practical)
- Cleaning and Clearance Air Testing
- Plant and Equipment (using demonstration of equipment)
- Waste Management and Disposal
- Emergency Procedures, Non-asbestos Hazards and Fault-Finding
- Roles and Responsibilities, Site Inspections and Record-Keeping
- Risk Assessments, Plans of Work, Management Systems and Monitoring
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the necessary understanding of the course, by achieving modular tests (an overall pass mark of 80% is required). Preliminary and full decontamination procedures including showering in a decontamination unit. Candidates not doing so, will not pass the course.
Please note: candidates must be clean shaven.